What are the steps should I take if my computer is lost or stolen?
- Contact law enforcement. This includes local or campus police. If your company has on site security guards, please contact them after contacting the police.
- Call our Computer Security Response Team at 866-354-4288 Ext. 911, to report your computer stolen and commence the tracking process.
- Login to the LocatePC/Mac dashboard to track you compute as well as use some of the advance features such as:
- Send a message to your computer screen with anything you like, such as “Return my computer, please. You can call me at 212-555-1234”
- Send a command to have your computer shut down.
- If your computer has a camera, you can take snap shots of the thief.
- Turn on a key logger to record all the keystrokes of the thief.